Sunday, November 30, 2008

When All Else Fails

Today I was ignored by the deserted hills .
The colors of the sky didn't distracted my eyes
I was mired in heavy thoughts,
As balls of steel tied to my feet.

I crumbled before the face of adversity.
Someone touched my feelings because I am of flesh and blood,
and my soul and spirit allowed it

Insanity inhabits my being, while my mind is searching for common sense.
An inner voice speaks: When all else fails, talk to yourself.

I am talking to you my dear loneliness,
in you there is not betrayal, You are authentic.
In You I abandon myself to the reality that prompts me to discard anything that hurts, becoming a child in the arms of your patience.

Tomorrow I will come back with my head up high,
the mountains will speak to me.
With the wind on my favor I will dance to my fears.
Tonight, I have decided that at morning I will be fine.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

so honest, ending in a good decision...

Pam J. said...

"... I abandon myself to the reality that prompts me to discard anything that hurts."
I can so relate to that observation, but would never have been able to say it so well. I hate, in myself, the knee-jerk rejection of people who hurt my feelings. Even when it's an inadvertent slight.
Lovely poetry.