Tuesday, July 6, 2010

COUNTRY MEETS CITY

 

My first harvest of apricots was very much enjoyed, after sharing some with my neighbors and friends, I tried my first recipe of apricot cobbler.
Filling
1 lb. of fresh apricots, halved
Topping
1 cup flour
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Mix all dry ingredients, add solid margarine, cut it with a knife until it become crumbles, then add the egg and mix it to make a soft batter.

using pam oil a 9x13 glass dish, arrange halved apricots inside up, and spoon batter to
to cover the fruit.
 
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.

Let cool completely.
ENJOY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM! I'll have a virtual slice with you.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! And what a lovely presentation as well!

Carlos said...

Forget how good it looks. I love how it shows that you loved making it. It reminds me of how much you loved to cook for me when I was a child. I love you MOM...

LADYBUG said...

My dear Carlitos, it means so much to me to know what's in your heart. thank you for taking the time to comment, I hope that you come and visit often, I will try post new things that you enjoy.